Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

mercredi, mai 18, 2005

Procrastination is my middle name

I always procrastinate when I have to do something that I don't like. And the more important it is, the more I put it off. It's probably because I am just too scared. By putting it off, I can assauge my fears, albeit momentarily. Yet, all through the time before it gets done, I get stabs of panic and anxiety when it feels like I have an internal stethoscope amplifying every boom my heart makes. You say, then, isn't the conclusion obvious in this case. Just do it, since however long you put put it off, that is going to the the length of time you are going to have no peace. Yes, right. Except that while my conscious mind clearly accepts this rational argument, the little devil in my subconscious is whispering, "No, you can do it later. It's still not too late tomorrow..."

Except that most of the time, it is.

I need to grow thicker skin.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image source: http://www.cs.usu.edu/~watson/bartholomew/armorimages.html

Aucun commentaire: