Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

samedi, mai 14, 2005

LBD

The past few days have been rather hectic. I was waking up, eating breakfast and then out of the house in 2 hours. Then I didn't return till late and I would be too comatosed to do anything by then. Last night was the worst: I started drafting my resume at 1 am. Then I woke up at 7 this morning to do the cover letter and to type the resume out. I hope my efforts pay off. *cross fingers*

Attended Peiwen's birthday lunch at Yuki no Yaki at Cineleisure today. It was more fun than I thought, though we spent more time waiting than eating. We waited for the steamboat to boil (the waitresses kept turning the thermostat down when they walked past in a bid to conserve power), for the meat to cook (simmering in its own oil) and for the cold plate to be cold enough so that the ice-cream would freeze. The food and the ice-cream was not fantastic though. I think it's the company that really matters. ;D

After that Peiwen, Addie, Boon, Huijia, Pui Man and I went to Robinson's to shop for Peiwen's bag. Then Pui Man left and the rest of us trooped off to bum at the food court. For some reason, Peiwen suddenly made up her mind to get her ears pierced and so leaving Boon to wait for her other half, we went to Bits and Pieces at Wisma. It was over very quickly; Peiwen was mildly traumatised. Ah, but now she has two holes in her earlobes from which she can suspend pretty pieces of metal.

I think this is the first time I've gone out with Addie, though we have been friends for so long now. Strange eh.

On my way home, I spotted this black dress at Metro which is really really pretty. It's spagetti strapped and is pleated with a simple bow in front. The cinch is this: it is only $19.90! Argh, I debated long and hard with myself but in the end, I decided that I am too poor now and that I don't need it anyway. Delayed gratification! I'll get a really nice LBD in the future.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Aucun commentaire: