Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

jeudi, mai 19, 2005

GGR

Get Rea! on CNA was talking about girls watching girls and girls liking girls last night. Diana Ser talked about how girls are holding hands on the streets (I think that is ok actually), how girls become infatuated with other girls and how the objects of such affection are affected and react.

Coming from a girls school myself, I could totally relate to what the girls who were interviewed said. Although I have not had and do not have any emotional relationships with other girls (and I have always been looking for my Prince Charming), I think what they said about GGR being quite a natural thing to go into is true.

It is so much easier to be around girl friends and to trust them. Maybe it is precisely because we all just want to be friends and so I don't feel like I have to guess at what other motives the girl friend might have. And in this way, the relationship just becomes deeper and more comfortable as time passes. We become really really good friends. This friendship is something that I really enjoy and hold dear in my heart.

I feel "threatened" when guy friends try to get closer sometimes. I guess it's because I don't know what to expect and I don't know how to react. Then it all becomes quite tiring, especially when I know that he is not the one. I just want us to remain friends and I am quite glad that we are such good friends. But that's all. But this is obviously not what he expects. Maybe I just don't have enough experience with guys eh.

But what ever it is, I believe that GGR is really quite prevalent. It's just that it's all "underground" since it is not socially acceptable. And if society is not ready to do so anytime soon, then these girls are going to have a tough time ahead.

Aucun commentaire: