Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

samedi, mars 25, 2006

A quick one on Cambridge

Went to Cambridge the last weekend to disturb aa and t, a new friend. I really like the place; it is so different from London with all its greenery and the quiet tranquility that comes with being a university town. Lovely.

Arrived at midnight on Friday night and were chauffeured to t's room to spend the night. He gave up his room to us 2 girls and went to bunk with v, just a corridor away. The goodwill of people I barely know!

There was a party going on at the function room across the lawn but it stopped VERY promptly at 1 am in the morning. Amazing, I think.
(to bluebacterium: this college was supported hugely by Lee Seng Tee! there were quite a few buildings named after him.)

Sat morn, we cycled to Granchester for tea under the (bare) apple trees. I was majorly traumatised by the bicycle that was too big for me. When I was moving it was fine, but once I stop I take on average 4 tries to start. I kept swerving left and crashing into various things; luckily t was very good and did not laugh at me while waiting for me get started. If not I believe I could have cried.

My tormentor:


Scone and tea! I love scones!


After lunch, we went punting. Very fun! We all took turns doing it.

That's t punting us. Haha, doesn't he look like he's been doing it all his life? And the bridge in the background is the Mathematical bridge. Sir Issac Newton designed it and it was built without the use of any bolts at all. Yes, it was many interlocking logs. Now there are bolts to hold it up.


Sat evening, we left t to go to aa's. She took us to Nando's for dinner. pw was very gratified cos she's been wanting to eat there for ages. They serve chicken (roasted I believe) in various degrees of spicy-ness: shiok!

On Sunday, aa took us around the colleges and the town area, with a break to eat lunch with the very formiable Chan Lek. By formiable, I mean his mind. Really makes you feel rather inadequate. pw doesn't really get why I feel a bit awkward around him though. But then, she makes friends and talk to people THIS easily.

Me and aa on the Mathematical bridge. Don't we look like kids?! Terrible.


We left on Sunday evening by the 7pm National Express bus. National Express really has earned a fair bit of money from me already!

Aucun commentaire: