Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

vendredi, février 24, 2006

Snow and Duck

It snowed this morning!

Well, it wasn't the first time I've seen snow, but it was the first time I'm seeing it in Central London. I was totally exhilarated when I realised that it was not rain. Laughter just bubbled out of my entire being. I felt like a little brook burbling (ok I made this word up) and gargling with excitement. I felt like a small kid. So I called pw and woke her up just to tell her that it was snowing. I HAD to tell someone!

The snow didn't come down in delicate flakes or pretty white fluffs; it was more like little pieces of ice. If you don't look carefully, it may even pass as rain, just that the pieces land and hang around on your coat for a while before melting. Though cold enough to snow, it was not cold enough for it to accumulate, so the ground wasn't white but wet. Anyhow, the snow came and went, so it was alternating snow and rain. Luckily there wasn't wind, so it was not nearly as cold.

The wetness is really testing the limits of my shoes. Let's hope they hold out and remain water proof!


6 of us went for Four Seasons duck today for dinner. It was really quite good. Very different from the roast duck that I usually get (and do not like). The meat was soft and the skin rather crispy and nicely flavoured. I ate it up, fat and all as that was what I was paying for. But I think I'll walk it off in a few days. And anyway I'm beginning to exercise, so no problemo ;P The gravy that was served together went excellently with it.

Besides duck, we had 罗汉斋,calamari and a chicken dish. All the dishes were good. pw was thoroughly contented after dinner! heh.

Aucun commentaire: