Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

mardi, février 07, 2006

Power Failure

Yet another hitch in my life at Wolfson. Heh.

It occurred just when we were starting to cook dinner. The rice was on the stove, merrily cooking away while the pile of cut cauliflower and carrots was just ready for the pot. I don't know whether it was me, but it went dark just when I was turning on the stove for the veggie.

Everyone was stunned for a sec, then Jemane went to open the door to check if the corridor had light. So we found out only the kitchen was affected. We were all worried about the freezer and I was particularly traumatised by the half-cooked rice. All of us went out to the corridor after Jemane discovered there was a fuse box near the ceilling (and he could reach it without climbing onto anything!). But then none of the switches were down and turning the one dial didn't help. We gave up.

pw and I shifted all our stuff down to her kitchen. Then I went to inform the security guard. Then we resumed cooking, eating and cleaning on the 11th floor.

Fortunately, when we went back to deposit our cookware, the electricity was back.

So our meat won't rot and our hot cross buns are still happily frozen. *grin*

Aucun commentaire: