Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

dimanche, février 05, 2006

Portobello Market

Portobello Market





pw, ld, doreen (ld's friend), bb and I went to Portobello Market yesterday. bb was our tour guide again. Before embarking on our tour, we were taken to this Chinese restaurant to have lunch. I explicitly asked for hot food. Hot food is very important now that it is winter! For 5.50 I had an enormous plate of rice and 3 types of topping. It was very filling and I was very happy.

Then we started walking. Portobello is essentially a second hand antique market. So there were many stalls selling vintage jewellery, intricate magnifying glasses with ivory handles, old cameras, watches, sextants (instruments for navigation on the seas) and loads of other interesting things. There is also a food section where prices for fresh fruits, vegetables and pastry drop like crazy at 5pm when they close shop. bb and doreen got big juicy seedless grapes for half the price you get at Sainsbury (the local supermart).

Some stuff along the way:







I debated long and hard over some interesting socks/stockings but I didn't get them in the end.

At the Highland Shop (sells Scottish things), pw, bb and I went mad and did weird things. See if you can see what is wrong! Haha.







And here's bb at a stupefied moment. I can blackmail him with this 10 years down the road. Haha.

Aucun commentaire: