Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

vendredi, juin 09, 2006

Mostly Arty

Phantom last night:


For some reason, the theme for today was 'art'... and I didn't orchestrate it though! Heh.

When I was out running, I saw this group of girls sprawled in front of the Tate Modern doing pencil sketches of the Millenium Bridge. They looked like they take some sort of art class.

Then I decided to go visit the National Gallery in the afternoon. On the way, I passed these 2 groups of people also sketching some part of the view in front of the Tate Modern again. Don't the little group of retirees look so... happily retired? Heh. How nice to have time for leisurely pursuits like this and to have a group of like-minded companions to share the hobby with!



I like the National Gallery. I didn't want to look at the Renaissance pieces today, so mainly I looked at paintings from 1700-1900. These included the impressionists like Monet and Manet and also painters like Degas, Renoir and Cezanne. I rather like Cezanne's works and some of Renoir's paintings. And I like many of the paintings of that period depicting the French countryside.

My favourite one has to be "Bathers at Asnieres" by Georges Seurat. I like the pastel but luminous colours he used that gave the scene a sunny and pleasant feel. Isn't it lovely? (the real thing is definitely loads better than this.)


People seem to kiss more frequently, spontaneously and passionately these days. Must be the summer heat!

Aucun commentaire: