Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

dimanche, août 06, 2006

Weekend Gallivants

15 July: Alien Invasion!
National Orchid Gardens (Singapore)

Orchids are really quite bizarrely designed flowers. Other than the fact the they have the same number of petals, there doesn't seem to be any other rule that govern the gamut of colours, shapes and sizes that runs in the family of our national flower.


29 July: National Cuisine?
Changi Airport Terminal 2

The sundae is our very own creation: sticky chewy chocolate and blueberry flavours for icer-cream and butterscotch and marshmallow for toppings. We found out that the marshmallow topping is in liquid rather than solid state. Heh. The chicken rice and wanton (hurhur, no pun intended) noodles are quite decent considering that they cost more than counterparts from your neighbourhood foodcourt. The chicken is tender and tasty and the serving of xiao bai cai is generous.


5 August: Pyrotechnics!
Singapore Fireworks Festival, Esplanade Waterfront

Why is it that I never have my tripod when I need it? AND that whenever I do bring it out I don't get to use it. Tsk tsk. But I managed to take some okay pictures I think, so I'm not going to complain anymore, heh. I like fireworks! Seems like many Singaporeans do too because the waterfront was packed when we got there at 7.45 pm while the fireworks were slated to begin only at 9 pm. The little boy is so cute; the fireworks hadn't started yet, in case you are wondering. Pre-emptive measures eh, grin.



You can still catch the displays on the 8th, 11th and 12th. And don't forget the National Day ones on the 9th!

Aucun commentaire: