Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

vendredi, août 11, 2006

National Day Special


Singapore celebrated her 41st birthday on Wednesday and for the first time in my whole life (if I remember correctly), I decided not to stay home and watch TV specials. Instead, I took a little trip around the sunny isle to see if there were Kodak moments worth capturing. First up: Istana Park, all dressed up for the occasion.


The fringe activities at Kallang.


En route to the stadium; redder than Chinese New Year!


The spectrum of men serving the nation. There was a whole array of crisis vehicles (I mean things like ambulances, fire trucks, special ops vehicles etc) parked in a line at the carpark but I didn't get a picture.


One last one at the National Stadium...


I then headed to town. Buses (at least the SBS ones) now carry a Singapore flag as do taxis. And that was a whole bunch of tourists on a city tour. I didn't realise the tour company has its grip here too! These buses are all over Europe, at least in ALL the cities I had been to so far. Scary!


Closer home, this is the display my RC put up and that is a very patriotic neighbour living in my block. Now maybe they should have paid more attention when hanging the flag...

And to round it off, the moon decided to put up a show that night.

Aucun commentaire: