Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

lundi, juillet 17, 2006

Mid Year Resolution

I resolve to gripe/complain less.

You know when you observe two people in conversation, there are instances when you can clearly tell that one party is talking too much and that the other is only listening with half an ear (and wishing with his/her whole heart that the former would just give it a rest). Yet the one's who talking too much still goes on. And on. And on. It is a lot worse for the latter when the former goes on in that kind of sneering/whining/self-righteous tone. Bleah.

I think the world will be a better place if we tell other people happy things. Of course I don't mean for people to bottle up all their unpleasant emotions. But since most of the time complaining will only propagate frustration, my suggestion is to deal with negative feeling to sort it out as best as possible before relating it to someone else with as much neutrality and peace-of-mind that can be mustered. Yep, I hope I can do that.


Here's something that pw sent me; they were taken on the day we moved out of Wolfson. Don't we look so very happy!


Prunes!

Aucun commentaire: