Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

vendredi, mai 26, 2006

take a break! (have a kit kat!)

I've been taking a break from my books since the end of yesterday's paper. Now it's 4 down and 1 to go; the last one's Developmental Biology and it's on the 31st. So discounting my holiday today, I have 5 days to study enough to write 3 essays out of 8. Heh, definitely sufficient time... so much so that ld's going to gallivant off to Brussels for the weekend! Tsk tsk, this 8 choose 3 business really doesn't encourage learning. Hah, in NUS it's more likely to be 8 choose 6 or 6 choose 4. That will force people to study!

So while off my books, I tried my hand at baking scones, my favourite confectionary of all time. Haha, it was a grand success! fq and ld came over and while fq languished with pack of tortillas, pw, ld and I whacked up the dough and stuck the scones into the over in less than an hour. And the actual baking only took 15-20 minutes. pw declared the scones better than Grandchester and ld was muchly pleased with her first encounter with this yummy delight. fq was rather filled up with tortillas by this time, but she still said they were good. Me, I ate like 2 of them! I like!

With all the flour and baking powder and all on hand, we made pancakes and then omelettes after the scones, wrapping up dinner with all the stuff that we should be eating at breakfast. Heh. Then we had trifle. Wahaha. An evening of good food! (So, now for a week of moderation, hahaha). Happy.

This morning we went grocery shopping and then I spent the afternoon springcleaning my room. Now I'm hungry, so I shall go and cook dinner already. Programme for tonight? Bridget Jones 2: The Edge of Reason. If my comp can play it!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»