Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

vendredi, mai 12, 2006

Post-Physio-Exam

For some inexplicable reason, I started feeling extremely nervous and ill-prepared for my physio paper (which I had this morning; which turned out ok, i think) yesterday. That was the first time ever that I've felt crappy about a written exam. Usually when I've finished studying, I will have this rather invincible feeling. Like, throw me a question and I WILL be able to answer you. I was just feeling like I would not be able to do the paper and so die a horrible death despite having spent the last 6 days immersed in physio. (hmm, maybe the immersion wasn't deep enough...). That was around 5-6pm, so it would have been 2am in Singapore. Which was really bad, because I so wanted to talk to someone.

So I sat around and flailed about and mildly panicked until pw came up for dinner. Then I told her and she tried to reassure me. To be exact, she told me not to be a 'kan cheong spider' like Faisal. Haha. So after dinner, I tried to relax but then tried to cram at the same time. You can see the problem there! In the end, I didn't even look at the stuff I wanted to because I went to do some online revision thing. Which turned out to be not a bad idea since what I wanted to see didn't come out anyway. Basically I went to bed with a "Crap, but too bad, I need to sleep now" feeling.

This morning, the message from my boy arrived the moment I woke up. Very good timing, I must say. And then the sun was happily shining and it was totally NOT cold. I felt a lot better, I have to say. Not the best, but not too bad.

When I reached the Royal Horticultural Halls (yes, KCL doesn't have mpsh-esque halls to hold exams in), I took a last look at stuff, exchanged pleasntries with some people I know, put my stuff in the cloakroom, went out, regretted-it-want-to-look-at-GIT-notes-forget-it-the-cloakroom-is-too-crowded-now, waited outside the hall in a trance (ok, not really in a trance) and then *drumroll* finally had the exam. Turned out the GIT part that worried me didn't come out, so that was ok. Haha.

So that ends my episode of pre-physio-exam jitters.

Actually I think this American guy, who is also on exchange, was a lot more kan cheong than I was. That the mcq sheet turned out to be different from what we were told we would get was really a minor thing. I mean, this one we got was even more convenient to use! He was worried and asked the invigilator about it. In fact, he clarified it rather extensively. But, no this was the right mcq sheet.

After the exam, the weather was (and still is) so good that I went around (and am still going around) in my racer-back top. Woot~ I like!

Now I'm wondering if I should go out for a McFlurry. Hmm... to eat or not to eat.

Aucun commentaire: