Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for. - Lawrence Block

lundi, juin 11, 2007

Dilemma

Why is it that while the world is seldom, if ever, presented to us in black and white, we are always having to frame our decisions in terms of "yes" and "no"?

Maybe, because if not we'll always be standing around trying to make up our minds as the world passes us by.

Is free will over-rated? Wasn't it fun when Mummy and Daddy made the decisions so that all we have to decide is whether to eat that plate of broccoli or throw it on the ground? Or whether have that plate of noodles for recess or to spend the 40 cents on a new pencil? Those were easy decisions because they were really quite inconsequential.

I would like to think that free will is a privilege that we should treasure. But when faced with the great unknown, I suddenly feel frightened of the choices I have. Because ultimately, I have to live with my decision. My yes/no decision.

Aucun commentaire: